Are you afraid of death?

All things asdf (and anything else)

Are you afraid of death?

Postby Ivokyuftaf6666 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:48 am

Are you afraid of death? And to what extend?

Personally, I do not have such fair. I believe in reborning.
Anonymously Famous wrote:I respect Ivo very much, he is so smart and intelligent!
:)

Froggychum wrote: Honestly I respect you, anyone who can learn a second language is amazing.

Froggychum wrote:Vivoons is a good word i made up. Dude I am proud of you
Ivokyuftaf6666
ASDF Worshipper
ASDF Worshipper

Re: Are you afraid of death?

Postby Froggychum » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:53 pm

I am atheist and have basically no tolerance for religion, but hey thats me.

And yes im petrified at the idea of dying, being dead might be better than living often, but death is horibble. Though there are much much much worse things easily every day.

Life sucks.

Anyway thats an answer with a bundle bomb of negativity. #teenageexistentialism
<3 Froggychum
I have an Evai quote in my signature. If Froggychum put a quote from me in his signature, it would all come full circle.
Froggychum
ASDF High Priest
ASDF High Priest

Postby Ivokyuftaf6666 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:46 pm

Froggychum wrote:I am atheist

So am I !
Anonymously Famous wrote:I respect Ivo very much, he is so smart and intelligent!
:)

Froggychum wrote: Honestly I respect you, anyone who can learn a second language is amazing.

Froggychum wrote:Vivoons is a good word i made up. Dude I am proud of you
Ivokyuftaf6666
ASDF Worshipper
ASDF Worshipper

Postby atomtengeralattjaro » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:55 pm

I fear untimely death. I wanna live a lot before I go.

Warning: anti-reincarnation rant in the spoiler
Spoiler:
I think life is the best thing to happen to you because it's the only thing that will ever happen to you. (Also "happen" is the wrong word here, since you ideally participate actively in your life :shock: )
And then you die and it's over. Nothing happens after that.
When we think of ourselves, we think of a consciousness. What this consciousness is made up of is debatable and up to one's individual belief (I like to think of a soul, etc.), but regardless, SOME part of that is definitely all your thoughts and feelings and memories and sensations. So your "self" is definitely firmly connected to your earthly body.
The reason I think this is so clear-cut is because of so much we already know of our brain (with so much left to still learn). We know that all of our memories and everything we ever learned is stored in there. We know that every sensation we feel, and even emotions, have a reflection in physical or chemical phenomena in the brain. So how would any of that work without the brain? And the brain is just that, a mushy blob that rots away in the grave.
So even if you keep an open mind as to what might remain, you can be sure of what doesn't remain. And what am I, without my memories and my feelings and every thought that now sits so cozy in my mind? Some kind of ethereal soul? OK, but how do you distinguish between yours and mine, then? Is one better than the other? Just different?
Hey, maybe we all have the same soul. We could call it... Holy Spirit!
checkmate, atheists
:P
Ivokyuftaf6666 wrote:Awesome Site, Delievering Fun

atomtengeralattjaro
ASDF's Best Friend
ASDF's Best Friend

Postby Froggychum » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:39 pm

i wish i was more spiritual but its not who i am...

Good talking here tho
<3 Froggychum
I have an Evai quote in my signature. If Froggychum put a quote from me in his signature, it would all come full circle.
Froggychum
ASDF High Priest
ASDF High Priest

Postby TheDudeManJohn » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:58 pm

(hello Atom long fucking time)

i fear nothing. truth. Least of all Death. But do not mistake me. I do NOT want to die. I just dont fear it.

if i could LIVE FOREVER. i would. for me Suicide is never an option. Im personally to STRONG for it, for Suicide is only committed by the weak.

IDK what happens after death. So i am in no rush for it. But as for what i believe?
I believe in a higher power. I believe that higher power created all Religion in the beginning. I believe he created them all for a purpose and specifically for the areas they were founded.
I call my higher power GOD.
but he is known by many many names and is prayed to in many different ways and is some times believe to be more than one entity, but they are all one in the same.
I also believe that the time for "Religion" has passed and its purpose has been fulfilled. Now what remains is the twisted and warped renditions of those first Religions and any that have formed since are false.

Now im not trying to go to far into detail but,
With the world as connected as it is and the fact that its so easy to travel THE ENTIRE WORLD, literally talk to people on the other side of it thanks to phones.
and we have pushed past the skies and into space.
Now most Religions preach of an inevitable end, an apocalypse of sorts, and a good few refer to the "Heavens" as the stars. AKA SPACE.
now to avoid the "apocalypse", or the inevitable destruction of ourselves or planet, we must return/flee to the "Heavens" or SPACE.

AKA...we will destroy ourselves or our planet in time and the only way to avoid that is to venture into space and find a new place for the human race.
I fear though that if the world does not unite we will never be able to accomplish such a task...
We will most likely just kill ourselves off TBH.

Thats what I believe.
TheDudeManJohn
ASDFologist
ASDFologist

Postby Froggychum » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:11 pm

i respect your opinion.

Nice second time meeting ya :D
<3 Froggychum
Froggychum
ASDF High Priest
ASDF High Priest

Postby assdef » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:24 pm

Speaking as the one here who is likely closest to death An old, bearded man waving his index finger at you while slightly shaking his cane and muttering something., fearing death is a waste of time. Fearing anything is a waste of time, for that matter. But using that fear of death (or other) to ensure you live a life well spent, now that's how you do it.
assdef
JKL;'s Nightmare
JKL;'s Nightmare

Postby Froggychum » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:39 pm

probably. Though I spend most my time on the internet, and I know that is what I enjoy, I still know/feel I'm wasting my life... whatever, we'll see what happens with me.

That was just a comment about the living life to the fullest idea thing, in case it seemed irrelevant
<3 Froggychum
Froggychum
ASDF High Priest
ASDF High Priest

Postby assdef » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:14 pm

Don't 'probably' me. I'm an old man. An old, bearded man waving his index finger at you while slightly shaking his cane and muttering something. I know what I'm talking about.
assdef
JKL;'s Nightmare
JKL;'s Nightmare

Postby Froggychum » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:02 pm

ill blame what i said on mannerisms~~
<3 Froggychum
Froggychum
ASDF High Priest
ASDF High Priest

Postby Anonymously Famous » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:41 pm

I'm more concerned about what my loved ones might go through if I die before it's generally expected that someone might die.
ThingerDudes wrote:The only reasonable amount of Nutella is infinity. Everything else is too little.

Proud poster of the 300kth post in General
Anonymously Famous
JKL; Assassin
JKL; Assassin

Postby Froggychum » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:57 pm

yeah death sucks
<3 Froggychum
Froggychum
ASDF High Priest
ASDF High Priest

Postby assdef » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:45 am

Anonymously Famous wrote:I'm more concerned about what my loved ones might go through if I die before it's generally expected that someone might die.

Exactly why I think suicide is the single most selfish thing anyone can ever do.
assdef
JKL;'s Nightmare
JKL;'s Nightmare

Postby Froggychum » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:11 pm

I agree, but what if you are unloved? And yes I believe there are people who are unloved.
<3 Froggychum
Froggychum
ASDF High Priest
ASDF High Priest

Postby atomtengeralattjaro » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:37 pm

It's still the most cowardly thing.
Ivokyuftaf6666 wrote:Awesome Site, Delievering Fun

atomtengeralattjaro
ASDF's Best Friend
ASDF's Best Friend

Postby Froggychum » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:38 pm

Yes it is.
<3 Froggychum
Froggychum
ASDF High Priest
ASDF High Priest

Postby assdef » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:54 pm

atomtengeralattjaro wrote:It's still the most cowardly thing.

QFT
assdef
JKL;'s Nightmare
JKL;'s Nightmare

Postby Froggychum » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:43 pm

more like quoted for opinion
<3 Froggychum
Froggychum
ASDF High Priest
ASDF High Priest

Postby ThingerDudes » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:23 pm

idk man I'm a pretty big believer in a person and their actions being a product of the environment so I don't think it's fair to put all the blame on a person that commits suicide. There's so much taboo about talking about mental health and getting help that I don't think I entirely blame the person that didn't or doesn't get help and resorts to suicide because they think it's their best option. There's too many things that are in play to really say that all people who commit suicide are weak-willed or cowardly and that just hides the societal and systematic problems that might be there.
ThingerDudes
ASDF Warlord
ASDF Warlord

Next

Return to General