Qwerty's Blade

The place for Roleplays

Moderator: TheDudeManJohn

Qwerty's Blade

Postby Yoshi256 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:14 am

(Small Note: 'QftMC' has finshed and not very well either. I thought there needed to be another one like it only GOOD. So I've created this. I may come in every once and a while to make sure it doesn't get too much but I will not be an actual part of it[except as the god of ASDF, the god of JKL; and QWERTY])

Legend
Long ago, when the gods were still on Earth, a war of ASDF and JKL; erupted, threatening to tear the world apart. The conflict was fierce and the landscape torn apart. Before it could become too great, the Great Ruler QWERTY came down and struck a mystic blade down the Earth, causing the two sides to cease confliction. This peace saved the world from extinction and allowed the Earth to recover. This 'peace' was to last forever...but everyone knows that 'forever' doesn't mean forever...

Millennia later, the blade passed from history to legend, then to myth. No-one knew where the mystic blade existed anymore and no-one was to know...until...a young sorcerer stumbled apon a clearing in the Dark Forest, an enormous forest that split the land of ASDF from the land of JKL;. In the centre of that clearing was a sword, glaring in the sparce sunlight allowed by the leaves, vines spiralled around it. This sorcerer, evil of intent, knew that this blade could only be the blade of legend...QWERTY's Blade...and that, by dislodging it, even a little bit, a war would ensue that would cause the destruction of the world. The sorcerer used all his magic to break the seal of the blade. After a long while, the blade was dislodged and the weather turned wild. With an evil grin, the sorcerer took the sword and teleported it off to who-knows-where.

With a war erupting, all soldiers of either side has to arm themselves and prepare for battle. You are the champions of ASDF and are the strongest warriors of light. Your king, well versed in the myth of QWERTY's blade, has ordered you to search for the mystic blade. He hopes that his champions can find the blade and return it to it's rightful place...

Rules
You start off with a bag with:
- 1 'bottle' of endless water
- 1 piece of bread (with cheese) which regenerates itself (no multiplication of the bread or cheese)
- 3 potion (this potion heals a person to full health)
- 1 revival potion (this, as its name indicates, revives a person once)
You also have up to two weapons: A primary weapon and a smaller, secondary weapon.
You CAN also have armour of ANY sorts of ANY type of metal (not gas, not metaloid, not things like diamond) (E.G. Steel Helm, Mythril Mail, Gold Body Armour, Bronze Helm, Mail, Armlets and Leggings)
There is to be NO magic (except from the gods of ASDF & JKL; and from QWERTY)
There is to be NO magic-enhanced equipment or items (except for 'QWERTY's Blade' and any item in your bag)
You are advised to work in pairs but it's NOT a must.
'QWERTY's Blade' cannot be simply placed in the 'altar'. It MUST be placed by QWERTY (only I can do it)

You cannot end the RP until the battle reaches the Dark Forest, all champions are within the army and at least one player is close to death (ideal scenario). At this time, QWERTY (me) will stop the war by placing the blade into the altar. Then there will be a 'closing statement' by each champion. I will then add an ending to this RP and the story will close

Take up your weapons and quest for the mystic 'QWERTY's Blade'. For glory. For ASDF-kind! FOR THE FATE OF THE WORLD!!!
Yoshi256
ASDF-Ville Chief
ASDF-Ville Chief

Re: Qwerty's Blade

Postby Gamma » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:24 am

What exactly do you mean by 'GOOD'?
Gamma
ASDF Prophet
ASDF Prophet

Postby Yoshi256 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:35 pm

(What I mean is that QftMC started good but it got worse (yes. I was apart of the cause of that, but...). I just wanted an RP that was good ALL the way, not just the beginning)
Yoshi256
ASDF-Ville Chief
ASDF-Ville Chief

Postby bjrocks1 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:37 am

No matter what you say now, you can not guarantee a perfect RP. You can try, but it will go wrong somewhere
BJ leaves the throne room after receiving the message of the king. He walks into the castle library to study the legend. He manages to find a book full of old legends, included one of Qwerty's Blade. He puts it into his bag and goes to his room to collect his stuff. He picks up his short sword, Fenrir, and unsheathes it. One of the edges is jagged, like a wolf's teeth. He sheathes it and slings it over his lower back, and grabs a metal battle staff. He slings it over his shoulder, dons his leather armour, and leaves.
Can the staff count as a secondary weapon? Also, I chose bad armour for a reason. Heres hoping the RP doesn't epic fail
bjrocks1
ASDF-Ville Officer
ASDF-Ville Officer

Postby Yoshi256 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:41 am

Yes. A sword and a wooden staff are good, just as long as there's no magic in them.
WHY did you choose bad armour?
Yoshi256
ASDF-Ville Chief
ASDF-Ville Chief

Postby bjrocks1 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:20 am

1) Metal staff
2) Where is the fun in getting epic spammy armour?
bjrocks1
ASDF-Ville Officer
ASDF-Ville Officer

Postby Yoshi256 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:11 am

[i]1)...I'll let...this time
2)I GUESS so. RIGHT. BACK TO ADVENTURE!
Yoshi256
ASDF-Ville Chief
ASDF-Ville Chief

Postby Gamma » Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:42 am

BJ. NOBODY uses metal staves. They're way too heavy. In QFTMC, my quaterstaff was magical and therefore lighter. Any metal staff that's light enough to use isn't very strong.
Gamma sheathes his sword and dual daggers (are dual daggers okay?). He dons his thin leather armor and stands up. After tightening the straps on his two belt pouches, he heads into the nearby woods.
Gamma
ASDF Prophet
ASDF Prophet

Postby bjrocks1 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:10 pm

Thank you. Someone sees my point. Sure, some full fledged blunt weapon experts use metal staves, but people who also use a blade normally can't use a heavy one. I never meant it to be a full on metal staff that if it dropped on someones head it would KO them...
BJ walks outside the castle and into a nearby forest. He hears a rustling in the branches, and a low growl is heard, A wolf leaps out of the bushes towards him. BJ un-slings his staff, and prepares to fight the wolf. He rolls from the first charge and swings his staff into the back of the wolf. It howls in pain, before readying another attack. This time, BJ met the attack head on with his staff swung as hard as he could. It stunned the wolf, allowing him to escape. 'Don't want to kill anything unnecessary...' BJ thought as he left.
PLEASE NOTE
The reason my staff stunned it was from the wolf's momentum and the staff's momentum amplifying the impact...
bjrocks1
ASDF-Ville Officer
ASDF-Ville Officer

Postby Yoshi256 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:25 pm

Gamma, Dual Daggers are good
BJ, that's pretty neat.
Yoshi256
ASDF-Ville Chief
ASDF-Ville Chief

Postby bjrocks1 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:32 pm

=) Common Physics Knowledge...
bjrocks1
ASDF-Ville Officer
ASDF-Ville Officer

Postby Yoshi256 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:58 pm

BACK TO ADVENTURE
Yoshi256
ASDF-Ville Chief
ASDF-Ville Chief

Postby bjrocks1 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:44 pm

AHAH! Your RP has already failed as there has been posts with only OOC instead of IC writing. You should be ashamed...
BJ sat down with his staff next to him. He picked it up and examined it. He had never really looked too hard at it before, yet this time he found a funny line at one end. Curious, he stuck his finger nail in and levered at it, popping the end off of it. He found the staff had a wooden core, with a thin metal casing. He also found there was a cavity running down through part of the staff. "Hmm... Could be useful..." BJ muttered before reattaching the end and slinging his staff over his shoulder, and continuing his adventure. He found a clearing in the forest with a river visible through it. BJ decided to set up camp on the side of the clearing farthest from the river, yet not right against the trees. That way he could hear things coming. He lay down with his bag under his head and dozed off.
bjrocks1
ASDF-Ville Officer
ASDF-Ville Officer

Postby BenBen » Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:29 am

Yoshi256 wrote:BACK TO ADVENTURE

Reference to Stuffwell?
BenBen goes to his room to collect his weapons. They weren't your average soldier weapons. His primary weapon was a hammer, not a warhammer, a hammer. His secondary weapon was a pickaxe. BenBen used these as a reminder of his past, when he had to take any job he could to get money. Luckily, the king had seen his skill and recruited him. BenBen' main skills were speed, agility and stealth. He comtemplated wearing the armour he had been given when he became a champion, but decided against it. It was good for horseback trips, but on foot he was better off without it. He walked outside and took out a map he had to see which direction to head off in first.
BenBen
ASDF High Priest
ASDF High Priest

Postby bjrocks1 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:03 am

BJ stirred and stood up. He could see the sun was setting behind the trees. He unsheathed Fenrir and went over to a dead tree. He hacked at it to get some firewood, placed it in the cleaaring, and grabbed two nearby rocks. He began striking them together, and eventually, they caught alight. He then grabbed a stick and starte dsharpening it with Fenrir. 'I wonder if the fire will draw any attention, especially from wild animals...' BJ thought to himself. He decided he would keep Fenrir within arms reach at all times.
bjrocks1
ASDF-Ville Officer
ASDF-Ville Officer

Postby Yoshi256 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:22 am

BenBen wrote:
Yoshi256 wrote:BACK TO ADVENTURE

Reference to Stuffwell?

Yep. Oh and BJ? OOC talk doesn't mean it's failing. I'm pretty certain of that.
Yoshi256
ASDF-Ville Chief
ASDF-Ville Chief

Postby bjrocks1 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:31 am

Read the forum rules. You aren't mean to. By doing so it means posts are being detracted from the plot.
bjrocks1
ASDF-Ville Officer
ASDF-Ville Officer

Postby Gamma » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:38 am

Land War hasn't even been posted in for quite some time...
Gamma walks along, then smells fire. He jumps over a nearby stream, then climbs up a tall rock formation. He sees smoke in the distance. Climbing back down, he leaps across the stream again, then heads towards the fire. He peeks through the underbrush and surveys the area. A single man is sitting by the fire and sharpening a rather unique sword. He searches for any kind of identification on him.
Gamma
ASDF Prophet
ASDF Prophet

Postby bjrocks1 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:37 pm

BJ hears a twig snap and a bush rustle. He is aware of anothers presence, yet pretneds he didn't hear. He finishes sharpening the stick and goes over to the stream. He sits cross legged on a rock, and closes his eyes. He hears movement in the water and throws his wooden spear in, impaling a fish. As BJ skewers the fish all the way through, he walks to his campfire. "You know, you can come out now," he said to the bushes.
bjrocks1
ASDF-Ville Officer
ASDF-Ville Officer

Postby BenBen » Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:40 pm

BenBen decides to take a path through the forest. He begins walking through.
BenBen
ASDF High Priest
ASDF High Priest

Next

Return to Roleplay